[aduug] RE: SAGE-AU SA Chapter February Meeting reminder

Steve Challans stevechallans at bigpond.com
Mon Feb 23 18:56:36 CST 2004

Reminder

        SAGE-AU South Australian Chapter Meeting - 24 February 2004

DATE:   Tuesday 24 February 2004

TIME:   6:30 PM

VENUE:  Vectra Corp
         38 Sir Donald Bradman Dr
         Mile End
         SA 5031
         Ph: 0417 889 767

AGENDA:
6:30    Welcome

6:45    "Tripping the light fantastic, rather than tripping over it"   by
Pete Calvert.

Many IT people would happily wrestle with a recalcitrant network over a long
weekend rather than get up in front of a group of people and give a
presentation. We've all seen some really bad presentations and, let's face
it, would probably struggle to do better ourselves. What makes the
difference between a good presentation and a stinker, and why should I care?
This talk covers some tips to help make your presentations memorable for the
right reasons, be they in front of just your manager, or a conference room
full of hundreds of geeks. It also talks about some of the benefits you can
gain from giving presentations, both job related and personal.

7:30     Beer, pizza, soft drinks.

8:30  General discussion of current IT issues and close.

DIRECTIONS:
Vectra Corp is in the eastern-most of the old ETSA buildings on Sir Donald
Bradman Dr between Designer Direct and South Rd.  There is a large car park
next to it which you can park in.

Please let Grant Ward (grant.ward at member.sage-au.org.au) know if you will be
attending so that we can adequately cater for food and drink.

Steve Challans.
President SAGE-AU/SA Chapter

---

---