Overnight we sailed back to the small Danish islands of Ertholmene. Christiansø and Frederiksø are about 16 km northeast of Bølshavn, Bornholm. Christiansø is dominated by the fortifications built by Christian V in 1684 with a circular stone fortification known as the Store Tårn (Big Tower) housing a lighthouse.
We arrived early in the morning and with the ship anchored off shore we transferred to the islands via Zodiac. The Zodiacs pulled up next to the dock on Frederiksø, the smaller of the two islands, and we commenced a short walk around the islands. Christiansø is conveniently connected to Frederiksø via a pedestrian bridge.